- This event has passed.
Dignity of labour in the gig economy
May 29, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree – $10
Due to unforeseen circumstances, this event has been postponed until later in the year. Apologies to those who had reserved tickets, we’ll be organising refunds and rescheduling over the next couple of days…
Purposeful work can be the cornerstone of a meaningful life. With the breakdown of traditional modes of secure work through casualization, labour hire, independent contracting and the use of online platforms such as Airtasker, the nature of work has become precarious for many. At the same time, more flexible arrangements have created new opportunities for people to pursue work/life balance. Emerging technologies are only exacerbating these trends – raising questions like:
- What ways can regulators promote better industrial relations?
- How can platform cooperatives create new ways for people to work together?
- What ingredients are required to promote dignified and secure work?
- How can independent workers pull together to rebalance markets?
Join us at the Kelvin Club for a night of thought provoking views and discussion with our speakers:
- Robyn Kaczmarek, The Co-operative Life
- Godfrey Moase, National Union of Workers
- Eleanor Coffey, Redgum Cleaning Co-operative (Earthworker co-operative)